- Music Production
- Sound Engineering
- Equipment Setup
- Artist Development
16-21 years old.
Mondays & Thursdays 2pm – 4pm
5 Week Practical Introduction to
Sound Engineering in London.
To help vulnerable and disadvantaged young people go places. We engage with them through music and other arts, which not only helps them learn new skills, but also builds confidence, self-esteem and self-worth – with many going on to experience new opportunities such as further training, employment or helping them to overcome any personal issues they may have.
An introduction to the latest recording techniques
This short sound engineering course is aimed at the entry level student looking for an introduction to sound engineering. Practical and hands-on and gives you a thorough and comprehensive overview of sound engineering techniques over a 5 WEEK period.
You will be taught in our brand-new, purpose-built, air conditioned recording studios and not a classroom. This is a practical ‘hands on’ course where you will be exposed to the very latest recording equipment and software at all times during your course.
Learn the principles of sound engineering
Over the period of the course, you learn on latest equipment including mixing desks,
dynamic processors and music software packages such as Logic and Pro Tools.
Record bands and musicians
This course is suitable for people looking to record bands and musicians with an emphasis on mixing techniques, live and studio recording, covering the following topics:
- Signal flow, cables and routing
- Microphone placement
- Recording techniques
- Dynamic processors
- Creative use of fx processors
- Mixing techniques
- Correct use of EQ
- Mastering techniques
Signal flow and recording software
- Signal flow, patch bays and routing
- Integrating audio interfaces and converters
- Introduction to recording software
- Using DAW functions and tools
- Understand and improving workflow
- Monitor speaker types, use and placement
Modern recording techniques
- Recording instruments and vocals
- Using and understanding analogue and digital consoles
- Microphone types and placements
- Understanding correct use of preamps
- Using DI boxes
- Creating headphone and monitor mixes
Recording and mixing techniques
- Multi track recording techniques, tips and tricks
- Recording acoustic instruments
- Double tracking and overdubbing vocals
- Modern mixing techniques
- Separation, stereo imaging and placement
- Hardware and software mixing
Mixing and mastering techniques
- Creating automated mixes
- Using of equalisers and filters
- Understanding compression, gating and limiting
- Creative use of delay, reverb and modulation effects
- Using and understanding summing mixers
- Mastering techniques
- Good and unique vocals, and song writing skills
- Genuine performance ability
- Plan of action, goal setting
- Great promotion materials, including press releases, and artwork
- Knowledge on how to distribute music, check sales, and radio airplay
- Learning how to market and promote on social media
By completing this course, you will:
- Have the necessary logic x skills to create a song from start to finish
- Be able to build and arrange a song
- Be able to programme using midi samples
- Be able to use tis knowledge to then record vocals in a non-studio environment
(i.e. home studios)
- Understand what hardware/software you may need
- Be aware of the art and practise of mixing.
- Build confidence and have the knowledge on how to market and distribute your
Runway Studio is a Independent recording studio based in West London going into our 7th year with qualified studio engineers who specialise in helping artists bring their creative vision to reality. We take great pride in the quality of the recording which takes place in our studio to ensure that our clients and students are given the best outcome possible.
We are excited to say we have been working with Slough Council for some time now to help disadvantaged children to focus on something which they love i.e recording music, playing instruments, and even teaching them how to be sound engineers, and the feedback from the kids was amazing, they really enjoy it. We are extremely grateful for @sloughchildrenfirst for choosing us to work with them.
Book your session
These services are but a few of what we have on offer so please feel free to get in touch with your requirements and we’ll be sure to accommodate your needs.